One Star

tFTPPut No match file exist!

Hello everyone,
I am faced with this error in the console: No match file exist! although the file is indeed there. 
I need to save a file with an SFTP connection. The connection works but there is something wrong with that component (tFTPPut). Note that I am running a very easy job with just one component. I looked at other threads on this topic but couldn't really solve my problem. I guess there is something wrong with the way I specify the path for the file. Please let me know if you have any clues.
Any help very appreciated
Marco
24 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: tFTPPut No match file exist!

Hi,
Have you checked following link?
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tFTPPut&content-lang=en
It needs at least two components in the job...
thanks
vaibhav
One Star

Hi and thanks for the reply. Of course I checked the help section. Though the FTP connection can be set up directly on that component. Having said that I also tried with a separate FTP Connection component and the problem still remains...
Community Manager

Hi
You should browse the local directory to "C:/Users/bi2/Desktop/try/" and set the filemask as "dsada.docx".
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

So Filemask exclude the extension? Am I right? What happens if there are two files with the same name and different extensions in a given local directory?
Thanks
Community Manager

No, input the full file name or a regex expression, for example:
"*.txt"
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi Shong
Thanks for your reply. When I specify the extension (see new picture) I get an error Exception in component tFTPPut_1 2: No such file
I checked again and again name and extensions and they are correct. Does it have anything to do with hide file extensions in Windows?
Community Manager

Hi
 Does it have anything to do with hide file extensions in Windows?

I have tried to hide the file extension and it also works. I am using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 5.5.0, can you try to move this file to another folder and test it again? Maybe it is a permission issue in your case?
Best regards
Shong
One Star

I also tried with a different file in another location and still nothing. I do not think it is a permissions issue as the file was saved in a desktop folder. I am using Version: 5.5.1 Build id: r118616-20140617-1110 of TOS.
Marco
Four Stars

Can you create a simple job using tFileList with appropriate filter and displaying the name of the file you need...? This way you will be sure of reading file name...
Vaibhav
Community Manager

that is a good idea to see what files you have in the specified folder.
Best regards
Shong
One Star

I am using tftpput component to upload EFT file to the bank.  I am using the same job to ftp the file to two different banks.  The program works fine for Bank A but it failed with Bank B with error message '/Remote_directory/File_Name does not exist'. (There is no problem with ftp connection for both banks).
The only difference between Bank A and bank B is that as soon as the file be placed to the directory, Bank B will remove the file to mainframe. I was never be able to see the file in the remote directory even I transfer the file using other ftp tools.  For bank A, I can see the file be transferred to the remote directory for few seconds then it will be removed.
Question:  does tFTPPut component will fail if it cannot it cannot check the file status?
Thanks,
Chunyu

Hi Chunyu,
Did you check "Die on error" option on tFtpPut?
Can you put your file on FTP server for Bank B with other ftp client tool successfully?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Guys,
I experienced the same issue in Open Studio Data integration 6.1. Using tFileList, it managed to find the File, however, with tFTPPut, it returns No such file error.
Did you guy manage to replicate the issue? Thanks.
Regards,
MG
One Star

Hi Guys,
I saw the similar post here
https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=38987

Hi mgchong,
Can you please upload some screenshots of your job? Which will be helpful for us to address your issue quickly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Xdshi,
Here is the tFTPPut for my setup and the error:

Starting job UploadFile at 15:42 27/12/2016.
connecting to socket on port 3949
connected
Exception in component tFTPPut_1
2: No such file
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2846)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp._stat(ChannelSftp.java:2198)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp._stat(ChannelSftp.java:2215)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.stat(ChannelSftp.java:2172)

Hi,
Can you use tfilelist component with your filemask (*.csv) to list the file in local folder "C:/Talend/Sample/" you needed?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Here you go:

Hi,
Do you have the right permission to move your file located in C:/ disk? Can you try to put other files on your machine(DSmiley Happy/) into your FTP server  to see if it works? On which build version you got this issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I am running 6.1.1. I managed to ftp the file manually using FileZilla.
Most importantly did you able to replicate the same issue locally? Appreciate it.

Hi,
So far, we cannot reproduce this issue on V 6.3 and will take a testing on V 6.1 to see if this issue repro.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the update. I will test against v6.3 the same.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
It appears that the Remote directory was invalid. Once I change it to ./data from /va/ftproot/dstcom/data, it works fine. In this case, the error message is misleading. You can easily replicate the issue by changing the Remote directory to an invalid name.

Hi,
It appears that the Remote directory was invalid. Once I change it to ./data from /va/ftproot/dstcom/data, it works fine. In this case, the error message is misleading. You can easily replicate the issue by changing the Remote directory to an invalid name.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion. Feel free to create a jira issue on talend bug tracker.
Best regards
Sabrina
--