Six Stars

tFTPPut_1 Failed to retrieve file details for : SIZE: command not allowed

I have a job that takes files from file system, encrypt it using GPG key & upload that into FTP. 

We are using 6.4 enterprise version.

Job worked fine on local.

Did couple of test run on TAC after deploying the job on server & it ran fine. its when I actually ran with production data, it gave me this error

tFTPPut_1 Failed to retrieve file details for 11072017_001.pdf.pgp: SIZE: command not allowed.
com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: Failed to retrieve file details for 11072017_001.pdf.pgp: SIZE: command not allowed.
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.fileDetails(FTPClient.java:3632)
at .tFTPPut_1Process(job__upload.java:2478)
at .tFTPConnection_1Process(job__upload.java:2225)
at .tFileEncryptPGP_1Process(job__upload.java:2004)
at .tFileList_1Process(job__upload.java:1740)
at .runJobInTOS(job__upload.java:12780)
at .main(job__upload.java:12243)

image.png

4 REPLIES
Ten Stars

Re: tFTPPut_1 Failed to retrieve file details for : SIZE: command not allowed

I've run into this situation when transferring data to a client's managed file transfer (MFT) site.  These sites simulate an SFTP connection, but often restrict what clients can do after uploading a file.  In one case, the MFT moves the file out of the destination directory immediately, preventing Talend from verifying that the transfer was successful.  There's no way around this from the client side, as these are restrictions enforced on the server side.

Six Stars

that is exactly our case, client moves the file out of the destination directory immediately.

and this issue kind of limit us. Did you really find any solution or work around on this issue?

Six Stars

Can you check the permission for newly created pgp file and put a SIZE command on the file.
Six Stars

permissions are fine however I am removing overwrite files option that basically invoke size command on FTP to compare file sizes.