tFTPGet issue where copying files to the Talend Server

Five Stars

tFTPGet issue where copying files to the Talend Server

Hi,

I am using FTP to pull a file from a remote server, which I then want to copy to the local talend server for use in other jobs and processes.
I have used a tFTPConnection to tFTPFileList to tFTPGet routine, and the GET works absolutely fine if I use a directory to my local machine. i.e. Local Directory = "C:/"
But, as I say, I want the GET to put the file onto the talend server so that the job can be run out of hours when my machine isn't switched on. So I change the Local Directory to something like: "/var/etl/input/PROD/REPORTING/" and for some reason the file no longer copies across.
Other than the local directory in the tFTPGet, I am not changing any other settings.
Does anyone know why I am encountering this issue?
Thanks

Re: tFTPGet issue where copying files to the Talend Server

Hi,
I am using FTP to pull a file from a remote server, which I then want to copy to the local talend server for use in other jobs and processes.
But, as I say, I want the GET to put the file onto the talend server so that the job can be run out of hours when my machine isn't switched on. So I change the Local Directory to something like: "/var/etl/input/PROD/REPORTING/" and for some reason the file no longer copies across.

The local directory is the path to where the file is to be saved locally.
So far, Talend don't support for transferring data by air which means you have to fetch data from FTP server firstly, save it locally and then put it on another server.
The work flow should be: tFtpConnection-->tFTPFileList-->tFTPGet(fetch data from FTP server into local)-->tFtpPut(Put local data you fetched before on another server).
Feel free to correct us if we misunderstand your requirement.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: tFTPGet issue where copying files to the Talend Server

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your response. I'm a little surprised that Talend doesn't support transferring by air - the implications are that I want the job to be run from the TAC out of hours, so there wouldn't be a local drive to use for the tGET as my computer and workspace would be switched off.

Just to confirm, the data I want the tGET the data too IS the Talend server.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables