One Star

tFTPFileExists- Control channel unexpectedly closed

I'm getting "Control channel unexpectedly closed" after 10 minutes. It turns out the FTP server is setup to allow 10 minute sessions. There's no way around it.
Is there any way to setup Talend to reconnect after this exception?
3 REPLIES
One Star

Re: tFTPFileExists- Control channel unexpectedly closed

Hi Andross,
In the real time you will not be running the job from the talend IDE. Rather you would probably export it, may be as a .bat or a .war file (or what ever).
So, one way of solving your issue would be to create an operating system schedule to call your exported job every 10 minutes.

Hi Andross,
Try adding an infinite loop
don't forget to disable die on error within the FTPGet.
and set the job out like below:
tinfiniteloop -- iterate --> tjava1 --on component ok --> tFTPGet -- if --> tjava2
|
|
on subjob ok
|
|
Rest of your normal job

Then set the following context - ftp (type string)
tjava1 code
if(context.ftp.equals("success")){
break;
}

if statement code:
((String)globalMap.get("tFTPGet_1_ERROR_MESSAGE"))==null

tjava2 code:
context.ftp = "success";

(As I cannot recreate this scenario there might be some changes that you need to do but this is to get you on the correct track)
Regards,
Brandon
One Star

Thanks for that detailed reply. I'll try to implement it.
Hi Andross,
In the real time you will not be running the job from the talend IDE. Rather you would probably export it, may be as a .bat or a .war file (or what ever).
So, one way of solving your issue would be to create an operating system schedule to call your exported job every 10 minutes.

The job itself takes at least an hour.
It's going through a list of ids and checking that their items/images/id folder contains an image, and outputting the ones that don't.