One Star

tFTPConnection with Socks Proxy but no username?

Hi,
Using TOS DI 6.0.1, I need to use tFTPConnection to upload a file to a remote server via sFTP. This connection will have to go through a Socks Proxy.
However, the Socks Proxy I use does not require username/password.
But when I leave these fields empty or if I connect them to context variables which I leave empty, I get a Null Pointer Exception:
Exception in component tFTPConnection_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:514)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tFTPConnection_1Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:6820)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_12Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:6727)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_19Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:6623)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_18Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:6508)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_16Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:6391)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_15Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:3504)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_14Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:3387)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_10Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:3270)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_9Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:3141)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tFileList_4Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:3015)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tFileList_3Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:2700)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_7Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:2391)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tFileTouch_1Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:2276)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tFileTouch_2Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:2041)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tFileExist_2Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:1911)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_4Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:1805)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.tWarn_1Process(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:1690)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.runJobInTOS(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:12450)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_xyz_0_2.abc_Preprocessor_xyz.runJob(abc_Preprocessor_xyz.java:12174)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_0_2.abc_Preprocessor.tRunJob_1Process(abc_Preprocessor.java:1637)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_0_2.abc_Preprocessor.tWarn_1Process(abc_Preprocessor.java:1506)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_0_2.abc_Preprocessor.runJobInTOS(abc_Preprocessor.java:3029)
        at abc.abc_preprocessor_0_2.abc_Preprocessor.main(abc_Preprocessor.java:2793)

How can such upload be configured?
Thanks
Matt
2 REPLIES

Re: tFTPConnection with Socks Proxy but no username?

Hi,
Does this issue repro when you use tFTPPut only?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: tFTPConnection with Socks Proxy but no username?

Hi,
I found out what the issue was: the hostname to which I wanted to FTP connect through SOCKS had a space at the end. 
When I removed it, it worked.
I also found out how to use a SOCKS Proxy without username/password: just keep the corresponding fields at their default value of "".
Matt