Four Stars

tExtractXMLfield component picking the first element from repeated element/data

I have multiple nested XML structured file. I have kept loop path from one nested loop where there is no missing of data issue. But with other nested loop, it is only picking first element. I did try by separate extract for different nested but while joining tables (tables are the ones that created from XML extract) from separately extracted tables I am getting Cartesian product issue due to no proper primary key. Now in this issue can you please help me. 

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: tExtractXMLfield component picking the first element from repeated element/data

Hello
Can you show us an example to explain your issue? and what are your expected result?

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Re: tExtractXMLfield component picking the first element from repeated element/data

Thanks Shong for the quick response. 

As the attached screenshot. <msg:telephones> tag has data one for fax and other for the telephone. Now since I am taking the xpath loop from different tag which locates next to telephones tag (otherProvLocId as the screenshot), then there is issue with telephone tags that second set/tags of data are missing. 

I did try to pull the telephones tag separately where I don't get missing data issue but then I have to join two different extracts where there is join issue because no primary key that ties two different extract. 

Now is there a solution to this without writing java code. Please let me know.