tExtractXMLfield component picking the first element from repeated element/data

Highlighted
Six Stars

tExtractXMLfield component picking the first element from repeated element/data

I have multiple nested XML structured file. I have kept loop path from one nested loop where there is no missing of data issue. But with other nested loop, it is only picking first element. I did try by separate extract for different nested but while joining tables (tables are the ones that created from XML extract) from separately extracted tables I am getting Cartesian product issue due to no proper primary key. Now in this issue can you please help me. 

Tags (2)
Community Manager

Re: tExtractXMLfield component picking the first element from repeated element/data

Hello
Can you show us an example to explain your issue? and what are your expected result?

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars

Re: tExtractXMLfield component picking the first element from repeated element/data

Thanks Shong for the quick response. 

As the attached screenshot. <msg:telephones> tag has data one for fax and other for the telephone. Now since I am taking the xpath loop from different tag which locates next to telephones tag (otherProvLocId as the screenshot), then there is issue with telephone tags that second set/tags of data are missing. 

I did try to pull the telephones tag separately where I don't get missing data issue but then I have to join two different extracts where there is join issue because no primary key that ties two different extract. 

Now is there a solution to this without writing java code. Please let me know. 

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud