One Star

tExtractDelimitedFields

Does anyone know how the tExtractDelimitedFields component works? There's no documentation in the Component guide, and there's nothing on the forums either. From what I can tell, this component doesn't actually do anything. I want it to split one comma delimited field into two fields in the output schema, but there's no way to direct where the output goes.
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: tExtractDelimitedFields

yea you put the component you want tExtractDelimitedFields to output to in your job, then you right click tExtractDelimitedFields and choose Row, then Main and then click the output component.
One Star

I would also like to know how to use the tExtract*-components,
I can't get any of them to work.
They seem to not return any columns at all?
I am working in TIS 2.4.1.r16077.
A row in my input data can look like this:
0|253940|0|2006-06-12 CoCo: Made a phone call. They have had reservations trough Z.
I have tried tExtractDelimitedFields, with Field Separator ":"
Result is:
0|253940|0|
The same result if i try Field Separator " ".

If I try tExtractPositionalFields, leaving the default suggestion Pattern as "5,4,5" (just to test)
the result is:
0|253940|0|

If these components work they shouldn't be that hard to use,
can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong, please?
Employee

Here is a short tExtractDelimitedField example.
HTH,
One Star

Thank you mhirt, I got it to work now.
The essence of your post, is that in order to use the tExtract* components
you need to edit the schema of the tExtract* component adding string columns on the output side,
so if you want to split a field, and are interested in the first four parts you add four string columns on the output side.
Also note that if you uses the string you are splitting on on the output side, it will be empty.