tESBProviderRequest mapping issue (maybe?)

Highlighted
Five Stars

tESBProviderRequest mapping issue (maybe?)

For internal testing, I am trying to create a local implementation of some of the services (highlighted below) in this WSDL: https://wsnet.sendwordnow.com/webservices/v2_2/users.wsdl I imported that WSDL into my repository:

 

image001.png

For each of the highlighted services, I created a job using “assign job” and choosing to create a new job. The simple Echo jobs work as expected. In the tXMLMap I was able to import the schema definitions from the repository for both the request and response. Here is the job and the tXMLMap component:

 

image002.png

And after one client call, you can see (below) 1 row exiting the tESBProviderRequest and entering the map. And you can see one row exiting the map. The response is generated, and the client received it as expected:

 

image004.png

 

Now, on to the next service which is not working. Again, here is the job and the tXMLMap. There are some strange things here:

  1. the namespace prefixes have been changed from “v2” to “tns
  2. element “v2:contacts” has been changed to “tnsSmiley TongueInfo
  3. the namespace prefix of “sen” has been changed to “tns

image006.png

 

In the Echo service, the namespace prefixes were changed as well, but everything worked. So, I am not so concerned about that change, but the “sen” prefix is supposed to point to a different namespace, so I am somewhat concerned about that. So, here is the result of a request. You can see that 1 row exists the tESBProviderRequest. But nothing comes out of the tXMLMap.

 

image008.png

 

So, I am pretty sure this is a mapping issue, but I don’t know how to make it right. I have been trying different things, like changing the loop element and different logging things just to try to see if I could learn more and get to the root of the problem.  I even did a debug run to walk through all the Java code, but didn't find the answer there.  Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem is, how I can isolate it, or fix it? 


Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Five Stars

Re: tESBProviderRequest mapping issue (maybe?)

I was able to "solve" this be editing the xml schema to match the xml that I was submitting. I guess there is a difference between the schema generated from the wsdl by Talend vs. the sample XML generated by SoapUI.  I used the tXMLMap map editor to edit the payload schema to add/mod the namespaces and element prefixes to match what is being sent from SoapUI.  Once, I did that, the ouput started producing at least one row. 

mapedit.png

View solution in original post


All Replies
Highlighted
Five Stars

Re: tESBProviderRequest mapping issue (maybe?)

I was able to "solve" this be editing the xml schema to match the xml that I was submitting. I guess there is a difference between the schema generated from the wsdl by Talend vs. the sample XML generated by SoapUI.  I used the tXMLMap map editor to edit the payload schema to add/mod the namespaces and element prefixes to match what is being sent from SoapUI.  Once, I did that, the ouput started producing at least one row. 

mapedit.png

View solution in original post

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas

Blog