tESBProviderFault inside tLogCatcher doesn't work

One Star

tESBProviderFault inside tLogCatcher doesn't work

Hello Talend Supporters,
We have a Web Service as DI Job and we try to catch all possible failures/errors with tLogCatcher.
Component tLogCatcher is called but the tESBProviderFault doesn't give anything back to the
web service client (soapUI). Is this approach not intended with Talend DI?
You can see the di job on the accompanied screenshot.
Kind Regards
Hilderich

Re: tESBProviderFault inside tLogCatcher doesn't work

Hi,
What's kind of your error in your job? TalendHelpCenter:tLogCatcher fetches set fields and messages from Java Exception, tDie and/or tWarn and passes them on to the next component. The Log table records the messages from Java Exception, tDie and/or tWarn.
Have you already checked component reference about TalendHelpCenter:tESBProviderFault with scenarios.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xsdhi,
There was just a connection error simulated by me, but as I told you below the tLogCatcher
was called properly but the connected component tESBProviderFault has no effect. There
is no fault message returned by it. The job is deployed in Talend Runtime via TAC (in ESB
Conductor) as a service. Do you have any ideas?
Cheers
Hilderich

Hi,
There was just a connection error simulated by me, but as I told you below the tLogCatcher
was called properly but the connected component tESBProviderFault has no effect. There
is no fault message returned by it. The job is deployed in Talend Runtime via TAC (in ESB
Conductor) as a service. Do you have any ideas?

Could you please open a ticket on Talend Support Portal and log your request, so that we treat it with priority, through the support cycle(remote assistance).
Best regards
Savruba
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello xdshi,
On last Friday I have opened the ticket 2014041110000123 already. There you can find the
whole exported Job/Items. I have marked the ticket as Bug with priority 3 - Major.
Kind regards
Hilderich

Hi,
Our apologies for the delay.
I have reported it to support team and they are working on your problem. We'll keep you posted as soon as we can.
Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hello xdshi,
We have found the reasons for this problem. There was no defect in any DI component like tESBProviderFault or tLogCatcher but the problem was the web service client. We have expanded the timeout parameter and now we
are receiving the response. Perfect!
Unfortunately in local tests via Talend Studio we receive the customized fault message correctly but installed afterwards in Talend Runtime we receive the inexpressive message:
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soap:Body>
<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soapSmiley Frustratederver</faultcode>
<faultstring>Talend job execution error:</faultstring>
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
Do you have any ideas why there are theses differences and how we can remedy
this?
Kind regards
Hilderich

Hi,
Unfortunately in local tests via Talend Studio we receive the customized fault message correctly but installed afterwards in Talend Runtime we receive the inexpressive message:
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soap:Body>
<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soapSmiley Frustratederver</faultcode>
<faultstring>Talend job execution error:</faultstring>
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
Do you have any ideas why there are theses differences and how we can remedy
this?

Maybe there is a bug in talend esb runtime. Due to you are using Talend Enterprise Subscription Product, could you please report it to support team so that they can open jira issue for you to see if there is any work-item or patch on this issue.
Feel free let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Helllo xdshi,
There is a new ticket created for this issue: 2014041510000045
Kind Regards
Hilderich
One Star

Hello Team,
I am using Talend Enterprise version 5.4.1. 
I have created 3 jobs called Job_1, Job_2 & Job_3. Am using tESBProviderRequest, tESBConsumer, tESBProviderResponse & tESBProviderFault components in all jobs to receive webservice request and send response/Fault.  
In my scenario, Job_1 invoking Job_2 and Job_2 invoking Job_3. If I get any exception in Job_3, the flow is going to tlogCatcher to catch error message and raise the Soap:Fault(also using tESBProviderFault inside tlogCatcher). But the tESBConsumer in Job_2 is not receiving the soap:Fault raised by  tESBProviderFault component, which using inside tlogCatcher.
Could you please help me on how to send the soap:Fault to the calling job from tESBProviderFault inside tlogCatcher ?
Regards,
Ravi.