One Star

tELTMysqlOutput Insert Ignore and Update on Duplicate key Missing

Hello,
I am trying to achieve data transfer from staging table to Datawarehouse, where I have a few constraints like id should be unique, so in order to insert i want to ensure there it doesn't insert duplicate values, for that i need Insert Ignore or Update on Duplicate key in tELTMysqlOutput component. It only provides Insert, Update and Delete Queries.
My ETL version 5.0.2.r78327.
3 REPLIES

Re: tELTMysqlOutput Insert Ignore and Update on Duplicate key Missing

Hi,
tELTMysqlOutput don't have this option yet. As an alternative, you have to use the general DB component tMysqlOutput.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

You are right but, if you consider the performance then, SQL based insertions are many times better than those involving java and for me it is a huge problem. The change required in tELTMysqlOutput is quite small to accommodate ignore and duplicate insertions.
regards
Gulraiz Malhi

Hi,
I understand your concern, but sorry to say that so far this option cannot be achieved in tELTMysqlOutput. You can report a ticket about the new feature on our Bugtracker. Our colleagues from development team will review and track it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.