One Star

tELTHiveOutput component's INSERT(append) functionality is not working

Hi,
When I tried to use tELTHiveOutput component to append data in an existing table, I am not getting the desired output.
The component is deleting the corresponding HDFS file data before loading the new data into it.
I verified the logs and I could see that the syntax (if I select INSERT operation) is INSERT INTO TABLE which is the right syntax.
I am not sure which part of the component is deleting the data before loading.
I could see the append happening with the same query , if I run it using tHiveRow component.
Could you please help me to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,
Saravana
2 REPLIES

Re: tELTHiveOutput component's INSERT(append) functionality is not working

Hi,
Have you checked component reference TalendHelpCenter:tELTHiveOutput?
Did you use tELTHiveMap and tELTHiveInput / tELTHiveOutput in your job design? Would you mind uploading your current job design screenshot into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: tELTHiveOutput component's INSERT(append) functionality is not working

Hi Sabrina,
I have verified the component reference. And below is property of the tELTHiveOutput component which I mentioned earlier.
"
Action on data :
Select the action to be performed on the data to be written in the Hive table.
With the Insert option, the data to be written in the Hive table will be appended to the existing data if there is any
"
I do have tELTHiveInput and tELTHiveMap component in my job and I have attached the screen shots of my job as well as the component in which I am facing issue.
Thanks,
Saravana