tDie - Best practice

Six Stars

tDie - Best practice

Hi there,

I have a question about how to optimize the use of tDie in my project.

Is that a good thing to use a subjob and put the tDie inside ?

I see some avantages :

- you can format a message using context var, and so you have the same message in all you call to tDie ;

- you can change easily the priority for all your tDie (if you have a specific priority, then you can call directly your tDie) ;

- You can set the Error code you want in variable context ;

- And you can also do what you want when a tDie is called. For instance, you can send an email to inform about the fatal / error.

- You can easily change the option "Leave the JVM immediatly"

What do you think about it ?

Is that better to use directly the tDie in your jobs, or use them in a specific job called by the others ?

And same question for the tWarn.

Thank for your reply !

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: tDie - Best practice

Hi,

The best practice will be to use tDie using onSubJobError in same job. Please refer the below link containing Talend Best Practices for details.

https://www.talend.com/blog/2015/12/07/talend-job-design-patterns-and-best-practices/

But please note that different customers configure the tDie according to specific use case. If you have a specific use case where you would like to capture more details, you can go for a separate sub job also. But in my view, its an additional overhead.

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome :-)

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

All Replies
Employee

Hi,

The best practice will be to use tDie using onSubJobError in same job. Please refer the below link containing Talend Best Practices for details.

https://www.talend.com/blog/2015/12/07/talend-job-design-patterns-and-best-practices/

But please note that different customers configure the tDie according to specific use case. If you have a specific use case where you would like to capture more details, you can go for a separate sub job also. But in my view, its an additional overhead.

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome :-)

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Six Stars

Thank you for your answer Nikhil, I have read the 4 parts of these best practices but I was wondering if it was better or not

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads