tDBInput and ODBC

One Star

tDBInput and ODBC

Hi,
tDBInput is used to read in all kind of databases. But, is it work only with ODBC ?
Regards,
Caroline
Employee

Re: tDBInput and ODBC

yes, tDBInput uses ODBC
tJDBC allow generic connexion trough JDBC
What would you like to do ?
One Star

I would like to use a component capable to read all kind of databases (thus user can use context variables to enter his database connection).
Employee

I don't really understand what you reall wants to do.
All your databases have the same tables with the same columns ?
One Star

I to have something similar in mind, but not different databases. I would like it if I could change the IP address of my database connections with a variable field you can change on setup if you wan to.
Cheers
qunu
One Star

You can easily do this in Talend.
Just define your context variables and use them as parameters in your tXXXInput, tXXXOutput, tXXXRow components.
I've posted some examples.
One Star

Hello,
i have in a string field a date in this format String ( 02/01/1900 00:00:00)
I would like to have it like yyyy-mm-dd in an output field (in string)
I use a Tmap1 and i want to include in it.
I've try TalendDate.formatDate("yyyy/MM/dd 00:00:00",TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row1.dateemission)), but i can't get a good result
Exception in component tMap_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "02/01/1900 00:00:00"
at routines.TalendDate.parseDate(TalendDate.java:87)
at blueprint.ekb_p112_expertbo_ais_date.EKB_P112_ExpertBO_AIS_date.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(EKB_P112_ExpertBO_AIS_date.java:947)
at blueprint.ekb_p112_expertbo_ais_date.EKB_P112_ExpertBO_AIS_date.runJobInTOS(EKB_P112_ExpertBO_AIS_date.java:3245)
at blueprint.ekb_p112_expertbo_ais_date.EKB_P112_ExpertBO_AIS_date.main(EKB_P112_ExpertBO_AIS_date.java:3161)
Caused by: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "02/01/1900 00:00:00"
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at routines.TalendDate.parseDate(TalendDate.java:85)

Thanks
One Star

Hello,
Try this way :
TalendDate.formatDate("yyyy-MM-dd",TalendDate.parseDate("dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss",row1.dateemission))
It works well with row1.dateemission = 02/01/1900 00:00:00
JC
One Star

Hate to dig up an old thread, but this is really bothering me.
If I have already created a context in the repository and imported it into my job, how do I then create an additional context and use the same steps to configure two different contexts?
When I try to do this using the button on the lower left of the Variables tab under Contexts, it shows me the context in the popup but shows nothing when I try to expand it and select the variables.
If you don't create all your contexts before importing the vars in your job you can't use this feature?