One Star

tCassandraOutputExecExec error

Hi,
I am getting below error while  using talend Bulk load component to Cassandra.
connecting to socket on port 3359
connected
: org.apache.cassandra.cql3.QueryProcessor - Unable to initialize MemoryMeter (jamm not specified as javaagent).  This means Cassandra will be unable to measure object sizes accurately and may consequently OOM.
Could not retrieve endpoint ranges: 
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Read a negative frame size (-2097152000)!
Run with --debug to get full stack trace or --help to get help.
Job myfirstjob ended at 10:35 14/01/2016.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see the files are placed in the ssTable Directory bu unable to insert in Cassandra table.
Using:
Talend 6.1
Cassandra 2.1

Please suggest as this is very critical.
8 REPLIES

Re: tCassandraOutputExecExec error

Hi,
Could you please upload your job setting screenshots into forum which will be helpful for us to address your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello Sabrina,
The setting are attache. 
-Rahul

Hi,
Do you mind testing your issue on component tCassandraOutput to see if it repro?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi both,
I am getting the same issue with the tCassandraOutputBulkExec: Could not retrieve endpoint ranges: Null Pointer
How we can modify the tCassandraOutputBulkExec component to add Cassandra 2.1 ?

@RahulVerma: you have to add -javaagent:YourCassandraPath/lib/jamm-0.3.0.jar to avoid the first error
: org.apache.cassandra.cql3.QueryProcessor - Unable to initialize MemoryMeter (jamm not specified as javaagent).  This means Cassandra will be unable to measure object sizes accurately and may consequently OOM.
@Sabrina: the tCassandraOutput works perfectly but the performance aren't very good. I have a table of 47 millions rows and i want to use the BulkExec to make the insertion of data into cassandra faster.
Thanks for your help
One Star

Hi Rim/Sabrina,
Thanks for the responses. I checked the extra options Rim mentioned in the comment.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25662615/error-with-bulk-loading-in-cassandra
Rim, how did you solve this problem in Talend. Guess we need support for 2.1 Cassandra.
Thanks,
Rahul Verma
One Star

Hi Rahul,
I made a lot of modifications in the cassandra.yaml file but I still have the error Could not retrieve endpoint ranges: Null Pointer
I Tried the cql option with the Hector Api but it failed to insert the Sstable too. I think that the component failed to reach the host.
Can you help us Sabrina ?

Thanks

Rim

Hi,
So far, there is no Cassandra 2.1 option from the droplist of cassandra DB version in tCassandraOutputBulkExec component. Feel free to create a workitem jira issue on Talend Bug Tracker.
Are you using Talend Subscription version 6.1?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I have raised a ticket in Jira for the bug: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-35138
Thanks Sabrina and everyone else for quick responses. Hope this is fixed soon.
-Rahul