tBoxConnection

Five Stars

tBoxConnection

Hi,
has anyone a working sample including OAuth2 confiuration on how to connect to box? Maybe even with copying of files or something similar? Any input would be appreciated. Especially it would be nice to have a sample for getting access and refresh code.

best regards
Employee

Re: tBoxConnection

It should be documented in the component guide for the box components. 

Best
Thomas 
Thomas Steinborn
VP Product Management
Ten Stars

OAuth 2.0 is great when you understand it. Unfortunately it doesn't work all that nicely with Talend because of how you need to register your applications. I have to admit that I am not familiar with box.com, but I have written a tutorial on how to get Access Tokens for Google's services and how to automatically use refresh tokens. I suspect you can adjust this slightly to use box.com. Take a look here https://www.rilhia.com/tutorials/using-oauth-20-talend-access-google-apis
Five Stars

I have looked at your example prior to posting this question, but was not able to adapt it to box.com. i think I have to look into box oauth documentation more...
Ten Stars

As I said, this was written for Google's services so there will be some differences. But it should provide a reasonable template of the steps needed for Box.com (OAuth 2.0 is pretty standard in how it is applied). Goodluck :-)

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

An API-First Approach to Modernizing Applications

Learn how to use an API-First Approach to Modernize your Applications

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs