One Star

tAdvancedFileOutputXML tree index limitation

Hello,
I am trying to create an XML using tAdvancedFileOutputXML component, my Account tag has multiple types of child tags (around 20). But after 6 records Talend gives an error:
Exception in component tAdvancedFileOutputXML_7
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index value: 6 cannot be greater than the size: 3
at org.dom4j.tree.BackedList.add(BackedList.java:65)
Initially I thought its data issue but it is not. If I am trying to skip 5-6 child tags and then process the next one, then also it fails after 6th child tag.
Is there a limitation in this component that the child tags can only be 6-7?
Attached screenshot of the XML tree. The highlighted box is the child tag after which I cannot process any record.
Can someone provide any pointers? Thanks!
4 REPLIES
Employee

Re: tAdvancedFileOutputXML tree index limitation

Hello dhruvgupta05,
Which version do you use?
If it is not a version of 5.3.1, please download 5.3.1 and have a try again.
One Star

Hi Wliu,
Thanks for your reply. I am using TOS DI V5.3.1 r104014. Was the issue fixed in some other release?
One Star

Hi Wliu,
I have found that if we check the "Create empty elements if needed" option then this error occurs. One I unchecked this for all the tAdvancedFileOutputXML component the exceptions were gone. May be this is a bug?
Thanks for looking into this!
One Star

Hello,
I had the same issue .
Your workaround worked. But i found another one !
I dthe sequence of xml subelement that are located in the group element, as there is no crossed arrow ( same order as source stream). And it worked. strange bug...