Four Stars

tAdvancedFileOutputXML- Prevent creation of empty elements if there is no mapping for a column

I need to prevent tAdvancedFileOutputXML from creating empty elements. Basically there are rows in tAdvancedFileOutputXML which have no mapping from tMap so the corresponding elements should not be created. Please help

5 REPLIES

Re: tAdvancedFileOutputXML- Prevent creation of empty elements if there is no mapping for a column

Hello,

Here is an option "Create empty element if needed" in Advanced settings of tAdvancedFileOutputXML component.

Have you tried to uncheck it to see if it is OK?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: tAdvancedFileOutputXML- Prevent creation of empty elements if there is no mapping for a column

Hi,

This was the very first thing I tried but seems that doesnot works the way it states because it still shows empty elements

Eleven Stars

@aishvarya,can you share your smaple input and requied out ,so that i wil test.

Manohar B
Eleven Stars

,i have tested please check the below way is usefull to you?
Untitled.pngUntitled.pngUntitled.pngUntitled.png

Manohar B
Four Stars

I tried but still getting elements in xmls, I placed &nbsp in the mapping column in the xml rows mentioned in tAdvancexmloutput. Moreover I came across one more issue where if a mention a single space in the column data, ie " ".toString the corresponding xml element in the generated xml gives me two spaces. Need help on this too.