Four Stars

tAS400CDC *reel option

Has anyone used the tAS400CDC component with the *REEL option on the RUNCDC command?

We need to put a process in place that would grab CDC changes as close to real time as possible.

I've successfully created jobs that used tAS400CDC, with the *DETACHED option, and have setup the job to run repeatedly. It is still a little slow for our needs plus it is generating a ton of journal receivers, so I am looking at using the *REEL option.

I was able to create a job that uses the *REEL option, but it errors out on the iSeries *EVTW job for tables that have nullable date fields. For some reason, it is not copying the incoming journal transaction into the talend copy of the tables because the value for the nullable fields are affecting the length of the output data being copied. The issue is not happening on the talend transformation side, but on the RUNCDC command running on the iSeries side.

Here's the job log errors that I am seeing. The errors are for the datetime fields (create timstamp, last update timestamp). The weird part about it is, this same CDC data works in *DETACHED mode.

Data area DTAREE created in library QTEMP.
Buffer length longer than record for member xxxJOB.
Data mapping error on member xxxJOB.
? C
? C
I/O error CPF5029 was detected in file OUTPUT.

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF5035 Severity . . . . . . . : 10
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 01/15/18 Time sent . . . . . . : 11:04:43

Message . . . . : Data mapping error on member xxxJOB.
Cause . . . . . : A data mapping error occurred on field CRTTS in record
number 0, record format xxxJOB, member number 1, in member xxxJOB file
xxxJOB in library TALENDxxx, because of error code 17. The error code
meanings follow:

17 -- The format of the data in a date, time, or timestamp field is not
valid.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY

Re: tAS400CDC *reel option

Hello,

Could you please also indicate on which talend build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.