Five Stars

syntax error on token "=" expression expected after this token when creating a mestadata delimited file

Hello.

I'm using TOS BD 6.3.1, and when I try to create a metadata for delimited file,

I get the folowing error:

"syntax error on token "=" expression expected after this token".

The file is very simple:

id,name,address

1,Josh,Alabama

but I can't seem to make it work.

Csv, txt, comma, semicolon, utf-8 or ASCII.

Please advise,

Cheers.

• Big Data
  • Data Integration
5 REPLIES
Nine Stars

Re: syntax error on token "=" expression expected after this token when creating a mestadata delimited file

please attach screenshots - what are You do and error message (where You have it, in which form) and etc

it seriously increase chances to have proper answer

regards, Vlad

-----------
Five Stars

Re: syntax error on token "=" expression expected after this token when creating a mestadata delimited file

Hello,

It seems that when I try to do this while connected to the internet - it works fine,

but when I am not connected to the internet - it fails with the message

syntax error on token "=" expression expected after this token when creating a mestadata delimited file.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Seventeen Stars

Often this is a misconfiguration of an input field in a component.

Actually the studio should mark red the affected component.

You can also switch to the Code view and show us the affected code.

I suggest you check if some input field contains text which is not quoted with double quotes.

Five Stars

Thanks for the reply, but this error only occurs when trying to create a metadata for a delimited file, not in design time.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
Seventeen Stars

Could you please provide a screenshot?