Six Stars

switch java version in Talend Studio

Hello,

I need to run a talend job with java 32 bit, because of loading a native code. I change the java version under preference/java/installed jre, but if I run the job under talend studio, it starts the 64 bit Version.

How can I change that talend Studio run the job with 32 bit?

Greets

Benjamin

5 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: switch java version in Talend Studio

Hey,

when you Install talend you will see two talend versions in the installed folder. one with x86 which is 32 bit version of talend and another exe file with x86_64.exe prefix. Try starting x86 version of the studio and run the job and see if anything helps. I have attached images of both versions of the talend which I mentioned.

Six Stars

no the same problem. I start Talend-Studio-win32-x86.exe and he say the same error: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

Hello,

Could you please type  java -version in cmd to see if you are on 64 bit JDK or 32 bit. It seems that you are still using jdk 64 bit. Make sure that  you have installed 32 bit JDK in your machine so that you can use 32 bit platform to read 32-bit .dll. not 64 bit.

-d32 is added into JVM setting to tell studio to use 32 bit platform to read 32-bit .dll.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

I got this error: Error: This Java instance does not support a 32-bit JVM.

yes my java_home is link to 64 bit. I dont want to change that. In Eclipse I can set which version he choose for running.

Six Stars JGM
Six Stars

you can specify what java installation the studio should use with a command line argument when starting it. ex:

Talend-Studio-win32-x86.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\<your 32 bit JDK>\bin"