star schema talend

One Star

star schema talend

Salut,
j'essaie de créer un schéma étoile (dimension, table de facts) a partir d'un fichier excel avec Talend. Est ce que quelqu'un connait les composants à utiliser?
je ne le vois pas dans le user_guide.
Merci
Community Manager

Re: star schema talend

Hello
Can you post your question in English?
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello,
i'm trying to build a datawarehouse with star schema (Dimension tables and fact table). My data Source is an excel file. Do you know wich componants i need to use with Talend.
Community Manager

Hello
You can use tFileInputExcel component to extract data from excel file and load them into database with tDBOutput, like tMysqlOutput. A simple job looks like:
tFileInputExcel-->tMysqlOutput
Best regards
shong
One Star

Thank you shong.
i knew how to do this simple job.
my problem is:
i have an excel file as input; it contains sales information (StoreName, Category,Item,SaleAmount), i need 2 dimension tables containing StoreNames in one hand and Category&Item in the other. My fact table will contain the SaleAmount and the primary keys of the two dimension tables > that will be my star schema.
what i tried to do:
tFileInputExcel-->tMap-->tMysqlOutput (two tMysqlOutputs for my two dimension tables);
but after that i don't know how to reuse this two tables as input of an other Tmap to create my fact table in the same job.
Best regards
Community Manager

Hello
I understand your problem, because Talend don't allow you to create a cycle flow in a job. So, you need two tMysqlInput components to query records from the two table and link them to another tMap.
tFileInputExcel-->tMap-->tMysqlOutput (two tMysqlOutputs for my two dimension tables);
|
onsubjobok
|
tMysqlInput_1--tMap--->fact table
|
tMysqlInput_2
Best regards

shong