One Star

sqoop import issue

Hi,
When I try to import a table from mysql using Talend, I got the following error. Can you please tell me how to fix this issue. 
Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.db.DBInputFormat.setConf(DBInputFormat.java:167)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtil

2 REPLIES

Re: sqoop import issue

Hi,
Can you upload again the screenshots you wanted to show, please? For some reason it didn't make it to your post.
Do you want to extract a table from mysql to hive using talend(big data studio)....? Usually, we use sqoop to import mysql table into hdfs firstly then using tHiveLoad to write data into hive table.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: sqoop import issue

Hi All,
Can any1 solve my query.
i want to read 80 million record from mysql and write into mysql.
But after 20 million reads it gave me could not create connection error.
2016-06-10 03:07:25;aAtDjY;kC202j;kC202j;BIOWISE_ETL_JOB;BW_Dbnsfp_SNP_Job_0;Default;6;Java Exception;tMysqlInput_1;com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.;1
can any1 ll provide solution for this?
Regards,
Anand Yadav