Six Stars

select correct context variable name from a set of context variables passed to same tRunJob

Hi,

I have 2 jobs (parent & child). In both parent & child jobs , there are 3 context variables msg1, msg2, msg3.

In parent job,I am using tParalleIize component connected to 3 subjobs which has 3 context variables as mentioned above. These 3 subjobs containing values of context variables are passed to same child job using tRunJob. Now, In child job, I have a tRest component in which context variable name is present and I need to print this value. Whenever any of the subjob calls the child job, I need that subjob's context variable to be passed to tRest.

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

• Big Data
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ten Stars

Re: select correct context variable name from a set of context variables passed to same tRunJob

If I understand this correctly, you have a parent job calling 3 child jobs in parallel. They all share the same context variables. You want to pass the context variable values from the parent to the child jobs. If that is correct, what you need to do is either manually add the context variables to the "Context Param" table (in the tRunJob "Component" tab), OR simply tick the "Transmit whole context" tick box (which will supply all context variable values that are shared between the parent and child job.

Rilhia Solutions
1 REPLY
Ten Stars

Re: select correct context variable name from a set of context variables passed to same tRunJob

If I understand this correctly, you have a parent job calling 3 child jobs in parallel. They all share the same context variables. You want to pass the context variable values from the parent to the child jobs. If that is correct, what you need to do is either manually add the context variables to the "Context Param" table (in the tRunJob "Component" tab), OR simply tick the "Transmit whole context" tick box (which will supply all context variable values that are shared between the parent and child job.

Rilhia Solutions