schema from input link is different from the one defined in component

One Star Fxp
One Star

schema from input link is different from the one defined in component

hi all,
I made a new component which calculate a new value and add a new attribute to the schema of the output flow.
The schema is defined as follow in the component:
<PARAMETER NAME="SCHEMA" FIELD="SCHEMA_TYPE" REQUIRED="true"
NUM_ROW="1">
<TABLE>
<COLUMN NAME="elevation" TYPE="id_Double" CUSTOM="true" readonly="true"/>
</TABLE>
</PARAMETER>
Then I connect an input and an output flow to the component and TOS popup the error message "Schema from the input link is different from the schema defined in the component" ... and that's not an error cos' the component add a new column to the flow.
Input schema could be ID+NAME, in the component it will be ID+NAME+ELEVATION and output will be ID+NAME+ELEVATION. So input schema and schema defined in the component is different !

Is that a bug, or do I have to define the schema in the component using another definition/method ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Francois
Employee

Re: schema from input link is different from the one defined in component

Hi,
Add this attribute in the header element :
    SCHEMA_AUTO_PROPAGATE="false"

Hope it helps.
One Star ika
One Star

Hello,
I´m super new with Talend. I was able to to produce an Output XML with an Input Excel sheet. And I was so happy.
But after a while I found out my output XML is wrong because I used a wrong XSD. So I changed the xsd for the xml and created a new Excel Input component with an excel file which have one column less and a new XML output component with the updated xsd. As I done this before. All inputs are mapped to an output. Everything looks like my first try but when I execute the job I alsways get the message with the different schema definitions. And I don´t understand the mentioned solution.
Can someone explain it to me?
Best,
Ika
One Star ika
One Star

I created a totaly new project and repeated my steps again and now it works.