sap java connector configuration issues (sapjco3.jar)

One Star

sap java connector configuration issues (sapjco3.jar)

For our Talend Universal Platform 5.3.1 I am trying to get the tSAP components to work. I am running a RHEL6 64bit OS.
I have already downloaded the sapjco3 connector package from the SAP marketplace and followed the installation instructions. (sapjco3-linuxx86_64-3.0.8.tgz)
So far I have
-extracted the sapjco3.jar and sapjco3.so files into a directory.
-added sapjco3.jar to CLASSPATH, added the folder containing sapjco3.so to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
-added the sapjco3.jar to the modules in the Talend Studio.
Unfortunately I am still receiving errors when testing the tSAPconnector component
"Could not initialize class com.sap.conn.jco.rt.JCoRuntimeFactory"
"Please make sure you have installed native libraries for SAP"

Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

Re: sap java connector configuration issues (sapjco3.jar)

Hi,
I suppose you have read the document TalendHelpCenter:Configuring the Studio.
There is a related jira bug https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-27153 and let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I have configured the studio according to the document. The Jira ticket is for a windows version and does not offer any additional information about how to install the (.so) libsapjco3.so library files. I have added the containing folder to LD_LIBRARY_PATH like some instructions tell you to do. But my configuration still seems to have errors.
Seventeen Stars

Hello,
I have an idea. Please open the dialog:
Menu->Help->About Talend Studio
Click on Installations Details, switch to the tab Configuration.
Here you can see a lot of environment variable and check the property: java.library.path
Check if the directory where you placed the native libs is mentioned in this property.
By the way, the jira solution comment is slightly misleading. I have made a comment to it. Some directory names are wrong.
Highlighted
One Star

the java library path is the following
java.library.path=/Talend_5.3.1/sapjco3:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
the native libs are played in the sapjco3 directory
is this correct?