running runtime_esbse as windows service

One Star

running runtime_esbse as windows service

I have installed the runtime_esbse (came with the TSO non-prescription download) as Window service, with no error.
I exported one of my job as OSGi bundle, and deployed into runtime_esbse using: install -s file:///.../xyz.jar command. Then I start the runtime_esbse Windows service (but without starting the actual deployed job), it seems the job is not working.
Do I need to start the job somehow? If so, how? Is there an "admin" type console for runtime_esbse that allows me to "start" the deployed job?
Thanks
One Star

Re: running runtime_esbse as windows service

Hi,
you can connect to your runtime instance via ssh on port 8101 with default username "tadmin" and password "tadmin" using ssh client like putty. Using list command you can check if your job are deployed and working correctly.
More info about remote control you can read from here https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Connecting+and+disconnecting+remotely&content-lang=en
One Star

When I remote desktop into the server where my runtime_esbse is installed, and start the karaf console by running trun.bat under ...\component\bin, I can see the job I deployed in there is working (consume ActiveMQ messages);
After I closed the karaf console (btw, what is the command of exiting the karaf console?), and start the Window service of Talend runtime_esbse, I can see my messages sitting in the ActiveMQ queues, not being consumed.
Is the remote admin you suggested above the same as I remote desktop in and start the karaf console by running the trun.bat?
Thanks
One Star

-start the Windows service for runtime_esbse on the remote machine;
- start the karaf on my local desktop;
- run ssh:ssh -p 8101 <remote machine host name>;
- connected to the karaf on the remote machine
- type "list" command, see my job is running with "Active" state
but it is not picking up the ActiveMQ message for processing
BUT if I remote desktop into the remote machine, stop the Windows service for runtime_esbse, and start it manually by running "trun" on the remote machine, it will start the karaf, and my job is picking up the ActiveMQ messages for processing.
Not sure why the job is not running correctly in the Windows service mode of the runtime_esbse
Thanks
One Star

You can try to add more log components to your project (as much as possible) to see what is happining by watching the console output. When try to deploy it again into runtime and connect via ssh. Try to stop and restart your job and see the console output.
To restart your job type: restart %your_job_number%.