[resolved] way to auto set default (data) Type in Metadata, or DB Type in Schema?

One Star

[resolved] way to auto set default (data) Type in Metadata, or DB Type in Schema?

is there a way to have Talend automatically set the Type or DB Type to a default Type or DB Type, and also Length?
basically, I want all the columns to be set to DB Type = VARCHAR and Length = 255
I know I could do this manually, but the metadata file is subject to change (it is certain that we will be adding and removing columns from this file, more than once) and I don't want to have to manually change all of the Types or DB Types and Lengths every time I update the metadata.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] way to auto set default (data) Type in Metadata, or DB Type in Schema?

Hello,
Yopu can use your own mapping : go to Window -> Preferences -> Talend -> Metadata of Talend Types
Regards,

All Replies
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] way to auto set default (data) Type in Metadata, or DB Type in Schema?

Hello
is there a way to have Talend automatically set the Type or DB Type to a default Type or DB Type, and also Length?
basically, I want all the columns to be set to DB Type = VARCHAR and Length = 255

Talend can't do that automatically as your said. Maybe other users don't want to set the type/DB type as varchar by default, but int.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Employee

Hello,
Yopu can use your own mapping : go to Window -> Preferences -> Talend -> Metadata of Talend Types
Regards,
One Star

Is there any way to specify a default for a single job or project?
^that would work for this particular task, but might conflict with what we want to do with future jobs.
One Star

I guess I could make that change (that mhirt suggested) for this job and export it, and then revert back to the original settings for any new jobs I create...
Employee

Well, if it's only for one job, don't bother yourself.
It will be probably faster to configure your component schema manually...
Good luck
One Star

The problem is that the file the metadata is based off of is going to be changing - and we have no way of knowing, now, when and what those changes will be. Or how frequent they will be.
So, we really need this to be able to be automatically configured.
One Star

If I had a file that contained information on all possible fields, is there a way to set up a lookup to update the Type or DB Type and Length, based on the column name from the data file?
Community Manager

Hello
If I had a file that contained information on all possible fields, is there a way to set up a lookup to update the Type or DB Type and Length, based on the column name from the data file?

It is impossible to do that, because currently we can only define the schema on design time, not on run time.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Ok... is there some other available solution that you can think of?
If not, and I wanted to request a solution, how would I do that and what should I request to be able to do what I want to do?
One Star

What about if I made a generic schema that included all possible columns and had the Types and Lengths set up like I want them to be, is there a way to have a job reference that schema and pull out the information from that generic schema and apply it to the columns that are actually in the data file being called?
One Star

Or could some option be added to the schema creation/edit screen that, if filled in, would override the standard settings? (see attached pics)
kinda like what I suggested in viewtopic.php?pid=11532 for default null values
One Star

yay!
One Star

simulation credit auto
It's really great. I like it very much.
Thanks strpdsnk so much ^^
One Star

Thanks so much for sharing the post.

credit auto
One Star

Thanks for sharing your idea here. I appreciate your idea, very excellent.
simulationcredit
One Star

That's quite a very interesting but difficult work.
proprietaire simulation rachat credit immobilier consommation - demander un rachat de crédit, faites une simulation rachat de credit en ligne.proprietaire simulation rachat credit immobilier consommation
One Star

is there some other available solution that you can think of?
proprietaire simulation rachat credit immobilier consommation - demander un rachat de crédit, faites une simulation rachat de credit en ligne.proprietaire simulation rachat credit immobilier consommation
One Star

Marked! I will check it later!thanks a lot.
simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France - Credit immobilier de France, simulation credit immobilier. Résultat mitigé pour le crédit immobilier de France.simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France