One Star

[resolved] update from a CSV file to multiple tables

Hi all,
Sorry for gate crashing this post. I couldn't find an option to make a fresh new post !!!.
I had created this job to update from a CSV file to multiple tables. After creating the job when I try to run it, I get the following error.

P.S: This would be my first Talend job.
Regards,
Satheesh P R

• Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] update from a CSV file to multiple tables

The error was "The method validateandtransformColumn(String,String) in the type GenericDataload is not applicable for the arguments (String,Integer)
Solution:
The input file had the type as integer for a particular field and I was using the tJavaRow to convert it into integer again. Hence the error. Change the input file row into string and it successfully converted into integer.
5 REPLIES

Hi,
What's the error message you are getting? We can't see the screenshot on our side. Could you attach it on the forum, please? That would be great.
What does your job look like? More information will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Thanks, Sabrina.
I was able to resolve this error.

Hi,
Great it is fixed.
Would you mind sharing your solution with us?
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

The error was "The method validateandtransformColumn(String,String) in the type GenericDataload is not applicable for the arguments (String,Integer)
Solution:
The input file had the type as integer for a particular field and I was using the tJavaRow to convert it into integer again. Hence the error. Change the input file row into string and it successfully converted into integer.

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina