[resolved] tWarn component and OnComponentError link are not working properly

One Star

[resolved] tWarn component and OnComponentError link are not working properly

Hi,

I have find that tWarn component and OnComponentError link are not working properly. I have add OnComponentError link to tWarn job from tJDBCInput (where 'Die on Error' is checked) and also I have given a wrong table name but it did not throw any exception.
For me it's possible through java components to throw an exception but why these components are not working in my job? Thanking you,
Regards,
Sanjay

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] tWarn component and OnComponentError link are not working properly

Hi Sanjay
I just create a simple job to test this issue and it works, tWarn component is triggered when there is an error occurs on DB output component, and the warn message can be captured by the tLogCatcher, see my screenshot.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies

Re: [resolved] tWarn component and OnComponentError link are not working properly

Hi,
I have add OnComponentError link to tWarn job from tJDBCInput (where 'Die on Error' is checked) and also I have given a wrong table name but it did not throw any exception.

Did you add tlogcatcher in your job design, which operates as a log function triggered by one of the three: Java exception, tDie or tWarn, to collect and transfer log data.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I have added tlogCatcher and trying to store the data in my DB. But tWarn and OnComponentError are not working, for these reason I did not get anything in my log DB. I have also done that using :-

Edit Job Properties -> Job Settings -> Stats & logs
and also add DB tables here.

There is error in my job, still this case only stat values are inserted in my stat DB table but there is no values are inserting in my error DB table. I have given a error table name when I am inserting data. But no exception is thrown by the job and any onComponentError is not working. Also I have make sure that die on error and tstatictics is checked in every component. Thanking you,
Regards,
Sanjay
Highlighted

Hi,
Could you please upload screenshots of your current job design into forum so that we can address your issue quickly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Actually I am getting error in logCatcher when I am using tWarn and tComponentError in a simple job. But when job is became a service and it depends on request then the problem occured. I did not get any error in tWarn. only the message talend job execution error.
Sorry I am unable disclose my design here. The flow is like:-
tESBProviderRequest -> tjavaRow --> FixedFlowInput ->tMap -> tJDBCOutput --> tWarn(OnComponentError)
--> tSoap(OnComponentOk)
when I put wrong table name and schema from Repository. Job stops there but it shows no warning message from tWarn and also the tComponentError is not showing Error in that link. Thanking you,

Regards,
Sanjay
Community Manager

Hi Sanjay
I just create a simple job to test this issue and it works, tWarn component is triggered when there is an error occurs on DB output component, and the warn message can be captured by the tLogCatcher, see my screenshot.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi shong,
Thank you very much. Then I am doing something wrong in job. After rechecking the job I will elaborate here.
Thanking you,
Regards
Sanjay