[resolved] tS3Put How do I put files in specific folders within an S3 Bucket

Four Stars

[resolved] tS3Put How do I put files in specific folders within an S3 Bucket

Hi there,
I can put files directly into S3 buckets using tS3Put.
But how do I put files into specific folders within S3 buckets using talend?
Do i use the tS3Put component? and how?
any help would be appreciated
many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: [resolved] tS3Put How do I put files in specific folders within an S3 Bucket

Hi Niall,
You can do that... Earlier I used windows power shell to do this...
I visualize S3 Bucket like a drive... you can put your files inside sub folders in that drive... there should not be any problem to do this...
Whether you are able to browse those folders through s3 browser in web? If you can do that, then you should be able to communicate with those folders as well... else there might be some permission issues.
Vaibhav

All Replies
Four Stars

Re: [resolved] tS3Put How do I put files in specific folders within an S3 Bucket

Yes,
You will have to use tS3Put component and specify name of that folder(Bucket) where you want to place the file.
https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19424125#cloud-file_exchanges_with_amazon_s3_se...
Vaibhav
Four Stars

Dear Vaibhav,
Many thanks for your reply.
I have gone through that and I can put and get files in an S3 bucket using ts3put and ts3get in the link you provided.
However, I CANNOT put and get files into folders which exist within buckets:
e.g. my bucket is called "files", and within the files bucket I want to put files into a folder called "today's files".
Can you please tell me if this is possible?
Also a side question (if thats okay) are folders within s3 buckets - actually buckets themselves?
Thanks,
Niall
Four Stars

Hi Niall,
You can do that... Earlier I used windows power shell to do this...
I visualize S3 Bucket like a drive... you can put your files inside sub folders in that drive... there should not be any problem to do this...
Whether you are able to browse those folders through s3 browser in web? If you can do that, then you should be able to communicate with those folders as well... else there might be some permission issues.
Vaibhav
Four Stars

Hi Vaibhav,
I got it working - it just meant putting the file path directory to the sub folders in the "key" area along with the file name
many thanks,
Niall K
One Star

The documentation is lacking, and instructions by sanvaibhav is not working.
Not applicable

S3 follows key structure instead of folders, this can be achieved by specifying the key strucuture along with bucket name in the ts3put component.
Eg : Bucket will be your bucket name 
And Key will hold your folder / subfolders, this can go through multiple levels.
Eg: Folder/SubFolder/Subfolder etc (All these are considered as Keys)

Thanks & Regards,
Srivignesh KN