[resolved] tRunJob: use dynamic job not working on linux?

One Star

[resolved] tRunJob: use dynamic job not working on linux?

Hi
I've tried to use for first time the new option "use dynamic job" which is available on tRunJob component.
My project consists on two jobs, one calling another using dynamic option.
The first one makes a pair of printlines ("inicio" and "fin") to the console, the second job is called between both printlines and also makes another printline ("1234").
When I execute the job on a windows platform the job works fine but when I try to execute it on a linux platform Red Hat or Ubunt I get this error:
"Exception in component tRunJob_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Child job return 1. It doesn't terminate normally.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: demonio/jobp2_1_0/jobp2"
I attach some pictures to help understand how the project is like.
I hope you can help me to solve this problem, thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ismael Serrano
PS: I've tried to attach an image showing who it works on the Windows platform but I haven't been able

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] tRunJob: use dynamic job not working on linux?

Hi
Ah, i did't test it on Linux platform, I only did it on windows! i thought the reason was that you did't select the jobs in the job list on tRunJob.
I just tested it again on Linux platform and I got the same problem, you are right, it was a bug. Can you please report a bug on our bugtracker?
Thanks for your support!
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi

- From your screenshot, I see you don't select all jobs which you need to run dynamically even though you check the 'Use dynamic job' option!. see my screenshot1.
- Check the box 'export dependencies' when you export the job script.
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi Shong,
thanks you very much for your reply. Sorry but I don't see the difference between your screenshot1 and mine.
In my project I ticked the use dynamic job option and selected the job called "jobp2" which it's the only one which is called from the father job called "probaturas".
As I told you when exporting the job, in a windows platform the job works fine either selecting or not selecting the option "export dependencies".
I tried the same exporting the job with exp.depend. option ticked and without ticking it and the job didn't work neither in a Ubuntu nor a Red Hat.
Please, if you could explain me in more detail why should I choose more jobs if I'm just calling one I'd be pleased to you.
Can you please confirm me that your job works on a linux platform?
Thanks you very much for your attention.
My TOS is 4.2.1.r60995
Community Manager

Hi
Ah, i did't test it on Linux platform, I only did it on windows! i thought the reason was that you did't select the jobs in the job list on tRunJob.
I just tested it again on Linux platform and I got the same problem, you are right, it was a bug. Can you please report a bug on our bugtracker?
Thanks for your support!
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi
I've already done it, thank you very much for your attention.
Best regards,
Ismael
One Star

Bonjour,
Je suis débutant avec Talend, je suis bloqué avec un problème.
j'ai un colonne qui contient des valeurs qui se répètent en fonction du produit et donc je souhaite créer un job pour les mettre en ligne. Pour mieux comprendre ma question, vous trouvez ci-joint le lien d'un document pour voir le résultat attendu.
http://cjoint.com/?CGppiMMjcTk
Je viens vers vous s'il vous plaît pour m'aider à trouver une solution avec Talend Open studio 5.3.1.
Merci d'avance.
Community Manager

Hi jamesBI
This forum is meant to be international. If you want to get help from members of the Talend team and from many non-French speaking users, who may have experienced the same issue as you, I would suggest you to report a new topic for your question in English.
Shong