[resolved] tRunJob - Schema + Context Parameter

One Star

[resolved] tRunJob - Schema + Context Parameter

As far as I understand the documentation and some posts of this forum to bring a data flow/row into a subjob I have to use context parameters of the subjob component (in combination with iterate).
tRunJob has the possibility to define a schema what is that for? How can it be used? Is it in some context with data flow for the subjob? Some information would be helpful for my understanding.
thank you!
regards,
Robert

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] tRunJob - Schema + Context Parameter

Hi Robert
As far as I understand the documentation and some posts of this forum to bring a data flow/row into a subjob I have to use context parameters of the subjob component (in combination with iterate).

Yes, you are right, to bring a data flow or a value to a child job, you have to use the context parameters of child jobs, you can refer to an example job in this page:
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Passing+a+value+from+a+parent+Job+to+a+child+Job&content-la...
tRunJob has the possibility to define a schema what is that for? How can it be used? Is it in some context with data flow for the subjob? Some information would be helpful for my understanding.

The schema of tRunJob can be used for passing a data flow from child job to parent job, for this purpose, you need to use a tBufferOutput in child job to cache the data in memory, and the schema of tRunJob should be same as tBufferOutput's schema.
For example:
child job:
tFileInputDelimited--main--tBufferOutput
parent job:
tRunJob--main---tLogRow

Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi Robert

Yes, you are right, to bring a data flow or a value to a child job, you have to use the context parameters of child jobs, you can refer to an example job in this page:
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Passing+a+value+from+a+parent+Job+to+a+child+Job&content-la...

The schema of tRunJob can be used for passing a data flow from child job to parent job, for this purpose, you need to use a tBufferOutput in child job to cache the data in memory, and the schema of tRunJob should be same as tBufferOutput's schema.
For example:
child job:
tFileInputDelimited--main--tBufferOutput
parent job:
tRunJob--main---tLogRow

Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thank you very much Shong!
Regards,