[resolved] tRESTClient - How to parse the JSON result

One Star

[resolved] tRESTClient - How to parse the JSON result

Hi,
I didn't find any example or tutorial how to handle the JSON response of a tRESTClient POST request.
The encoded JSON comes in the string field in the response and how can I decode and map it so I can use it's values directly for a next step (UPDATE a database row with the fields).
The response contains objects in objects, so for example:
{
"vendor":
{
"uuid":1234,
"externalId":2345,
"details":
{
"currency":"EUR",
"quality":1
}
}
}

I tried and played around with the tExtractJSONFields but I don't get it. Always outputting 0 rows. (from the tRestClient come 2 in the Response output)
My settings so far:
Scheme: same as tRESTClient (ResponseCode, Body, String)
JSON field: string
Loop XPath Query: "string" (? - what is this?)
Mapping: Get Nodes checked at "string"
And at last an example log entry of the tRestClient:
ID: 2
Response-Code: 200
Encoding: UTF-8
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
Headers: {connection=, Content-Length=, content-type=, Date=, Keep-Alive=, Server=, X-Powered-By=}
Payload: {"vendor":{"uuid":"1234", ...

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] tRESTClient - How to parse the JSON result

Hi
It is the body column or the string column that contains the string json? If body column, it is a Document type, link tRestClient to a tXMLMap to extract the string Json, and then link the output to a tExtractJSONFields to extract the value from the string Json, the job looks like:
tRestClient--main--tXMLMap--main--tExtractJSONFields--tLogRow
If the string column contains the string json, link tRestClient to tExtractJSONFields and extract the value, the job looks like:
tRestClient--main--tExtractJSONFields--tLogRow
please see my screenshots to know about the settings of tExtractJSONFields for extracting the value.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi
It is the body column or the string column that contains the string json? If body column, it is a Document type, link tRestClient to a tXMLMap to extract the string Json, and then link the output to a tExtractJSONFields to extract the value from the string Json, the job looks like:
tRestClient--main--tXMLMap--main--tExtractJSONFields--tLogRow
If the string column contains the string json, link tRestClient to tExtractJSONFields and extract the value, the job looks like:
tRestClient--main--tExtractJSONFields--tLogRow
please see my screenshots to know about the settings of tExtractJSONFields for extracting the value.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi,
thanks, that helped!
One Star

Hi,
How to fetch the particuler string handling like below
example 
laks:ram,chandran
result:
ram,chandran
One Star

Hi,
How to fetch the particuler string handling like below
example 
data from source cloumn A = laks:ram,chandran
result:
i want to have the values in  column A as below ( i tried using out1.A.substring(out1.A.indexOf(":")+1) but A cloumn data getting scattered  into two columns ( A =ram , B = chandran)  but i want it in A column only like below
A = ram,chandran