One Star

[resolved] tOracleOutput "Action on Table" runs regardless of subsequent rollback

I am testing using transactions via tOracleConnection, tOracleCommit, and tOracleRollback. I have a context variable that I use for testing purposes: . When toCommit = 1, I commit with an tOracleCommit. When toCommit = 0, I rollback withan tOraclRollback.
This work fine ONLY when I set the "Action on Table" dropdown setting in the tOracleOutput to "None".
When I set the "Action on Table" dropdown setting in tOracleOutput to "Clear Table", and toCommit = 0 (rollback desired), the inserts are rolled back (good), but the table gets cleared (bad) as a result of the "Action on Table" set to "Clear Table" is getting executed regardless of the subsequent tOracleRollback.
This tells me that the "Action on Table" setting get executed regardless of running in a transaction, and ignores the subsequent tOracleRollback.
Seems like a bug unless I am missing something.
Dave
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] tOracleOutput "Action on Table" runs regardless of subsequent rollback

Hello
It is not a bug, if you select 'clear table' on 'action on table' list, you will see a warning message:
this component configuation will automatically generate a commit before data insert/update/delete.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] tOracleOutput "Action on Table" runs regardless of subsequent rollback

Hello
It is not a bug, if you select 'clear table' on 'action on table' list, you will see a warning message:
this component configuation will automatically generate a commit before data insert/update/delete.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello
Best regards

shong

Understood. So it's best to make sure you do any desired table pre-processing outside of the transaction, and not use those options in a transaction.
Dave