[resolved] tOracleInput to tOracleOutput very slow

One Star

[resolved] tOracleInput to tOracleOutput very slow

Hi folks,
I'm suffering from the problem that a simple copy from one table to another is very slow. The tables are on different schemas but on the same database. The Oracle Input is a select-query with a simple WHERE clause.
I'm connected to the database server via VPN. Maybe this is the limiting factor? But still the operation should be faster than ~5 rows per second....
See attached Screenshot.

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] tOracleInput to tOracleOutput very slow

assuming your database is healthy this is probably a limitation of the network throughput between the database and where talend is running. Some options are to avoid transferring data across the network are:
* tOracleRow - if you can write your process as a single sql statement ( insert into ... select from )
* tOracleSP - put your process in a stored procedure and call it
* use ELT components - tELTOracleInput, tELTOracleMap, tELTOracleMap
there is a bit of a learning curve with the ELT components as they work quite differently than other components. This is because they primarily for generating SQL.

All Replies
One Star

assuming your database is healthy this is probably a limitation of the network throughput between the database and where talend is running. Some options are to avoid transferring data across the network are:
* tOracleRow - if you can write your process as a single sql statement ( insert into ... select from )
there is a bit of a learning curve with the ELT components as they work quite differently than other components. This is because they primarily for generating SQL.
One Star

Mike, you are right, I run the job at a machine which is on the same subnet as the database and the throughput was much better.
I already tried ELT but gave up to quick maybe ^^ Will take a look at it again, thanks anyway!
One Star

In addition to that, check your jvm settings for your Studio - they may be low.... https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Allocating+more+memory+to+the+Talend+Studio&content-lang=en