Nine Stars

[resolved] tOracleInput_1-java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence

I have a Talend job which runs a DELETE statement via tOracleInput_1 against Oracle version 12.
Every time the job runs I get this error but the delete is successful.
How do I get Talend to keep going and do the rest of the job?
Exception in component tOracleInput_1
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:450)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:399)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:1017)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:655)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:249)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:566)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:202)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.fetch(T4CStatement.java:1012)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.fetchMoreRows(OracleStatement.java:3590)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.InsensitiveScrollableResultSet.fetchMoreRows(InsensitiveScrollableResultSet.java:1008)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.InsensitiveScrollableResultSet.absoluteInternal(InsensitiveScrollableResultSet.java:972)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.InsensitiveScrollableResultSet.next(InsensitiveScrollableResultSet.java:572)
    at
Do I need a different driver installed? When I attempt to install ojdbc12.jar I get:java.lang.Exception: Download aws-java-sdk-1.7.4.jar failed!
    at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.DownloadModuleRunnable.downLoad(DownloadModuleRunnable.java:117)
    at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.DownloadModuleRunnable.run(DownloadModuleRunnable.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nine Stars

Re: [resolved] tOracleInput_1-java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence

I ended up changing to tOracleRow and then a tOracleCommit.
Apparently with Oracle you have to do the extra step of committing after you delete. Smiley Sad
2 REPLIES
Nine Stars

Re: [resolved] tOracleInput_1-java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence

I ended up changing to tOracleRow and then a tOracleCommit.
Apparently with Oracle you have to do the extra step of committing after you delete. Smiley Sad
Four Stars

You can specify auto commit in your connection properties to remove this need, though depending on the volume of records you are working with, it might not be the best idea for performance.
This is fairly common in Oracle, MySQL, MsSQL and many others (though some libraries in some languages - mysql and php come to mind) - have auto commit on by default.