One Star

[resolved] tMssqlOutput|Enable Parallel Execution|Jobscript shows action on table

Hello ,
I noticed that after selecting 'Enable Parallel Execution' option from advanced settings tab of tMssqlOutput component,
'Action on table' option in basic settings disappears. According to Talend Help Center , its expected behavior.
But the reason I am posting it here is, in 'Jobscript', 'Action on table' option remains as it is even after selecting 'enable parallel execution' . It gives wrong impression to users about 'Action on table'.
I was using Truncate table action before selecting 'Enable Parallel Execution'. Once I selected 'Enable Parallel Execution',
'Action on table' disappeared from basic settings. Hence I checked jobscript of this job and found that 'truncate table' action is still present there. Please refer to uploaded image. Because of this I was under impression that , job was really truncating my table while it was not.
Is this a bug ? or expected behavior ?
I am using Talend Platform for data management 5.3.1.

regards,
Jay.
3 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] tMssqlOutput|Enable Parallel Execution|Jobscript shows action on table

Hi,
It is expected behavior. Jobscript can display all the parameter settings(Including the hidden one in job design but not activate them).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: [resolved] tMssqlOutput|Enable Parallel Execution|Jobscript shows action on table

Ok. thank you for clarification.
regards,
Jay.

Hi,
Feel free let me know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.