One Star

[resolved] tMap : getting rows which are in a file but not in the other : how to?

Hi,
I'm pretty new to talend (starting today actually) and i want to put in a fileOutPut the diff between 2 FileInput : i want to keep only the persons (i have an idCode) which are in a file but not in the other file.
How can i do that?
Thx Smiley Happy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] tMap : getting rows which are in a file but not in the other : how to?

Use the tMap. Join both inputs by the keys. Create an output mad of the fields of the main input and setup this output as "Inner Join reject" (settings of the output).
If you have in both inputs keys which does not exists in the other input, repeat the way above but replace the both inout flows (change main with lookup flow). 
7 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] tMap : getting rows which are in a file but not in the other : how to?

Use the tMap. Join both inputs by the keys. Create an output mad of the fields of the main input and setup this output as "Inner Join reject" (settings of the output).
If you have in both inputs keys which does not exists in the other input, repeat the way above but replace the both inout flows (change main with lookup flow). 

Hi stoulouse,

Please take a look at documents about: TalendHelpCenter:tMap and TalendHelpCenter:tMap operation.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi and thx, but what do you mean with "output mad"? I'm working with Talend Open Studio, maybe this component is not available in this version?
One Star

I guess he means "made", it's not a component.
Seventeen Stars

I mean "Create an output containing the input fields"
One Star

Great this is working, thx Smiley Happy

Hi stoulouse,

Could you please mark your topic as resolved?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.