One Star

[resolved] tMap & Conditions Problems (conversion)

Hello everybody,
I'm beginner on Talend Open Studio for Big Data, i use it for integrate AS400 data's to Prestashop database.

My problem is the following :
I have two table and i have a problem with my condition (cf : screenshot)
This is my condition :
row1.CLITPR!="*"?Import_as400_presta.id_default_group=="2":Import_as400_presta.id_default_group=="1"

When i execute i have the following problem :
Impossible to convert boolean to String !
But i made exactly as i saw on differents forums !
Help me please !
Thank you !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] tMap & Conditions Problems (conversion)

Hi,
You should use row1.CLITPR.equals("*")?"1":"2" without Import_as400_presta.id_default_group. It is just an example to make the String result "true" or "false" more clear.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
7 REPLIES

Hi,
It is ternary if-else operator in tMap. Condition?value if true: value if false
E.g.
(row1.name == null) ? "true"(value) : "false"(row1.name) returns the String "true" or "false" based on a Boolean value.
row1.CLITPR!="*"?Import_as400_presta.id_default_group=="2":Import_as400_presta.id_default_group=="1"

Could you please tell us more about your use case?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Thank you for your answer !
I want this result in the case default_group :
To summarize: if CLITPR is different to "*" then the default group is "2" else the default group is "1"
The result of the second table depends on the value of the primary table .
Do you know what i mean ?

Thank you Sabrina

Hi,
If I understand you well, you can use expression as:
row1.CLITPR.equals("*")?"Import_as400_presta.id_default_group==1":"Import_as400_presta.id_default_group==2"
The result will return the String "true" or "false" based on a Boolean value.

Let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I have already used this solution !
My needs are :
The result will return the String "1" or "2" in the case default_group and not a boolean.
Let me know if it is OK with you Sabrina Smiley Happy

Hi,
You should use row1.CLITPR.equals("*")?"1":"2" without Import_as400_presta.id_default_group. It is just an example to make the String result "true" or "false" more clear.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Oh God IT WORKS !
Thank You Sabrina !

I love Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Smiley Happy

Hi,
Glad you could solve the issue. Could you click the "Set this topic as Resolved"?
Best regards
Sabrina
--