[resolved] tMSSQLrow not executing normal query

Hi,
I have a query :
Select Column1,
column2,
column3,
column4
from TableName
I want the output of this query into a text file. Should I use tMSSQLrow for this? As per the reference guide, it is YES. But I am not able to achieve this. Please advise/suggest.
Keyur
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] tMSSQLrow not executing normal query

Hi,
Actually, for "Select" statement, you should use tMSSqlInput component.
tXXXRow component is usually used to any type of sql statement excepts select statement, we use txxxInput component to execute a select statement, if you use use tXXXRow to execute a select statement, it returns a record set, and you are required to use a tParseRecordSet component after tXXXRow to parse the record sets. You can find a demo job in this page.
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
2 REPLIES

Hi,
Actually, for "Select" statement, you should use tMSSqlInput component.
tXXXRow component is usually used to any type of sql statement excepts select statement, we use txxxInput component to execute a select statement, if you use use tXXXRow to execute a select statement, it returns a record set, and you are required to use a tParseRecordSet component after tXXXRow to parse the record sets. You can find a demo job in this page.
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you very much!