[resolved] tHash_Lookup_row1 cannot be resolved - ????

One Star

[resolved] tHash_Lookup_row1 cannot be resolved - ????

I am trying to run a simple job that takes data from one access table and puts it into 1 mysql table.
there are a few FKs in the output table, but the values should already be in the tables. (i think they are as the tables are populated with all the records already)
So what does this error mean and how can i get rid of it?
On running the job, i get this:
tHash_Lookup_row1 cannot be resolved
row1HashKey cannot be resolved
row1HashKey cannot be resolved

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: [resolved] tHash_Lookup_row1 cannot be resolved - ????

If you're using tHashInput directly connected to tMap as a lookup flow it won't work. It's a bug that can be circumvented by dropping a tFilterRow or tJavaRow in between the tHashInput and tMap.

All Replies
Community Manager

Hello
Open the 'code' tab and see if there are some compilation error in the generated code. If so, you have a job design error, check and correct it.
If you are not sure what's wrong, export your job and send it to me via email.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Seven Stars

If you're using tHashInput directly connected to tMap as a lookup flow it won't work. It's a bug that can be circumvented by dropping a tFilterRow or tJavaRow in between the tHashInput and tMap.
One Star

Thank you very very much for the solution. I added a tFilterRow and it worked like a charm.
One Star

By the way, in my case, it was tJDBCInput and tDB2Input that were directly connected to a tMap and caused the error. But the solution worked for this case, too.
One Star

I was getting this error after switching around some DB connections, so I simply deleted and recreated the MySQLInput based on the new DB, and it resolved the errors.
One Star

For all connections via the TMAP, check that the links are not all "lookup" and that the "main" link not missing.
(WRONG)
A --(lookup) -- TMAP1
B --(lookup) -- TMAP1
(GOOD)
A --(Main) -- TMAP1
B --(lookup) -- TMAP1