One Star G47
One Star

[resolved] tFtp tools

Hi,
I was wondering whether it is possible with Talend to read (not copy or get) files via an SFTP server.
I would like to briefly use tools such as tFileCompare, tWaitForFile, tFileInputExcel in a SFTP server.
Best regards
G47
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star G47
One Star

Re: [resolved] tFtp tools

Hi G47,
It seems your post is fixed. Could you please share your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina

Ok,
I just delete the tFTPFileList and it was ok
Best regards
G47
12 REPLIES
Four Stars

Hi G47,
What is the actual business use case? SFTP/FTP is a file storage location. If you want to read, you need a client which is on your location machine... to read a file you need to either download a file or provide fto location ... In both the cases, you client tool which is used for reading the file is going to download the file at local disk in order to render the contents...
As an answer to your question.. in my opinion NO.
Vaibhav
One Star G47
One Star

Hi G47,
What is the actual business use case? SFTP/FTP is a file storage location. If you want to read, you need a client which is on your location machine... to read a file you need to either download a file or provide fto location ... In both the cases, you client tool which is used for reading the file is going to download the file at local disk in order to render the contents...
As an answer to your question.. in my opinion NO.
Vaibhav

So if i want to read Files content via an SFTP server, first i need to copy the files in the same place (server) where my application is?
Best regards
G47
Four Stars

Can you try
tFileInputDelimited --> Tlogrow
Create metadata of your target file and in place of location, give ftp path... Before this step, you will have to perform Authentication using tJava with ftp server..
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star G47
One Star

Can you try
tFileInputDelimited --> Tlogrow
Create metadata of your target file and in place of location, give ftp path... Before this step, you will have to perform Authentication using tJava with ftp server..
Thanks
Vaibhav

Thank you,
When i give ftp path i have this message: "you can not open this file with this program, try another location"
Best regards,
G47

Hi,

So far, there is no support for handling data by air. You have to get your files stored in ftp into local disk first then reading them.
The workflow should be:tFtpConnection-->tFtpget-->tfileinputdelimited-->tlogrow.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star G47
One Star

Hi,

So far, there is no support for handling data by air. You have to get your files stored in ftp into local disk first then reading them.
The workflow should be:tFtpConnection-->tFtpget-->tfileinputdelimited-->tlogrow.
Best regards
Sabrina

Thank you,
So I try this workflow (in the talend help center) but i have error.
So i use onSubjobOk to join tFTPFileList_1---------->tFTPGet_1 and the error disappears.
But i must complete again Host Field, port Field, username and passeword Field.
My error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Problème de compilation non résolu :
Type imbriqué MyProgressMonitor en double
at parsing.attempwithserver_0_1.attempWithServer.tFTPFileList_1Process(attempWithServer.java:577)
at parsing.attempwithserver_0_1.attempWithServer.tFTPConnection_1Process(attempWithServer.java:395)
at parsing.attempwithserver_0_1.attempWithServer.runJobInTOS(attempWithServer.java:1024)
at parsing.attempwithserver_0_1.attempWithServer.main(attempWithServer.java:874)

Best regards,
G47

Hi,

What's your requirment? Mask Host info through context value?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star G47
One Star

Hi,

What's your requirment? Mask Host info through context value?
Best regards
Sabrina

Thank you,
I don't want to fill those field again and again, but when i check "Use an existing connection" and choose the connection.
I have this error:
Exception in component tFTPGet_1
com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: session is down
at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.openChannel(Session.java:734)
at parsing.attempwithserver_0_1.attempWithServer.tFTPGet_1Process(attempWithServer.java:717)
at parsing.attempwithserver_0_1.attempWithServer.tFTPFileList_1Process(attempWithServer.java:556)
at parsing.attempwithserver_0_1.attempWithServer.tFTPConnection_1Process(attempWithServer.java:406)
at parsing.attempwithserver_0_1.attempWithServer.runJobInTOS(attempWithServer.java:1013)
at parsing.attempwithserver_0_1.attempWithServer.main(attempWithServer.java:863)
I follow this tutorial: https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8123154#Raa67462
Best regards,
G47

Hi,

Have you already checked your ftp server configuration, timeout for example? What's the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star G47
One Star

Hi,

Have you already checked your ftp server configuration, timeout for example? What's rhe build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi,
I do a simulation and i used SolarWinds SFTP/SCP server and winscp on my pc.
Here is my configuration
Best regards
G47

Hi G47,
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star G47
One Star

Hi G47,
Best regards
Sabrina

Ok,
I just delete the tFTPFileList and it was ok
Best regards
G47