[resolved] tFileList-Read CSV files

Six Stars

[resolved] tFileList-Read CSV files

Hi Community,
I have many csv files in distributed directory. There are duplicate file-names in those directory. I want to read those files only once, if there are duplicate filename it should read only one file.
example
D:\test\a\ abc.csv, 123.csv,yud.csv
D:\test\b\rd.csv,xy.csv
D:\test\abc.csv,fty.csv
In above you can observe abc.csv is located in 2 locations. I want to read one among these two csv.
Please do needful help.
Thanks,
Sravanth   

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] tFileList-Read CSV files

Try this 
tFileList(select Include Subdirectories option)----->tIterateToFlow-------->tUniqRow
hope this help you

All Replies
Five Stars

You need to store the file names. Where (memory/file/database) depends on whether or not you want this de-duplication to persist across runs of your Job.
A database table of processed files may be the sensible option. You can then insert each successfully processed file and then check the database each time you pick up a new one.
If you don't have a database to hand, I always use SQLite for this type of activity.
Six Stars

Hi Alan,
Thanks for reply.
Can you please say in terms of talend implementation. Show me the way like what component I have use in squeal with screenshot.
Thanks,
Sravanth 
One Star

Try this 
tFileList(select Include Subdirectories option)----->tIterateToFlow-------->tUniqRow
hope this help you
Six Stars

Thanks manish. Your suggestion makes lot of sense