One Star

[resolved] tFileInputJSON | multiple input files?

Hi folks,
This seems like a silly, newbie question but I can't seem to get it to work or find anything about how to do this.
All I want to do is to use the tFileInputJSON component to read in multiple json files, using a *.json when entering the filename in the component settings.  However, when it runs, it evaluates that literally and I get an error saying it can't find a "*.json" filename.
Any help, please? Thanks!
Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: [resolved] tFileInputJSON | multiple input files?

you have to use another component tFileList which will give you list of files then you can process then one by one. 
tFileList---iterator--tFileInputJson---youroutput

in basic setting of tFileList add file mask "*.json" with other required details then you will get some global variables which will have file name with path use that variable in tFileinputJson component. 
2 REPLIES
Five Stars

you have to use another component tFileList which will give you list of files then you can process then one by one. 
tFileList---iterator--tFileInputJson---youroutput

in basic setting of tFileList add file mask "*.json" with other required details then you will get some global variables which will have file name with path use that variable in tFileinputJson component. 
One Star

Thank you so much! I knew it had to be something easy (and not obvious) Smiley Happy