[resolved] tFileCopy -> java.io.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist

One Star

[resolved] tFileCopy -> java.io.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist

Hi
I want to copy a file (240mb and increasing daily a few kb) using a tFileCopy component. When I run the job, it through the following error:

java.io.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist
I've looked for this problem on the forum, and althought there are some posts with similar issue, in any case there is a solution (http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14278)
Our system is
Windows Server 2003 SP2
Java 1.7.0.55
Any idea?
Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] tFileCopy -> java.io.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist

Hi xdshi
Thanks by your suggestions!!
Finally I got it using a tJava component with a jave code:
Path source = Paths.get("c:/temp/0multipage.tif");
Path target = Paths.get("c:/temp/1multipage.tif");
Files.copy(source, target, REPLACE_EXISTING); // Files.move(...) is also possible

Thanks
Cheers

All Replies

Re: [resolved] tFileCopy -> java.io.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist

Hi,
Here is a related jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-24258.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdshi
Thanks by your suggestions!!
Finally I got it using a tJava component with a jave code:
Path source = Paths.get("c:/temp/0multipage.tif");
Path target = Paths.get("c:/temp/1multipage.tif");
Files.copy(source, target, REPLACE_EXISTING); // Files.move(...) is also possible

Thanks
Cheers
Four Stars

Hi mtbabel,
Thanks for posting this code... Many people encounter this issue of file copy with larger files.
Thanks
Vaibhav

Hi mtbabel,
Thanks for sharing your solution with us. Could you please mark this topic as resolved? This way, other users will be informed that this thread has been resolved.
Many thanks
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.