One Star

[resolved] tAS400Input FILE not found

I have set up a simple job to import some data from AS400 to DB2 on Windows. As far as I can tell everything looks good and I get good connections, but when I debug run the job there is a tAS400Input File not found error. Here is the environment info:
Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 5.6.0RC1 (had to use this RC version to connect to AS400 on V7R1)
AS400 V7R1 using Talend's AS400 V6R1 to V7R2 Connector - successful connection
DB2 LUW v10.5 on Windows 2008 using Talend's DB2 Connector - successful connection
Using tAS400Input from an AS400 table to tDB2Output table with tMap to map two fields - a key field and a name field matching data types. Successful mapping and connections.
When I run the debug job it fails:
Starting job Accounts at 09:57 24/11/2014.

connecting to socket on port 3877
connected
connecting to socket on port 4373
connected
Exception in component tAS400Input_1
java.sql.SQLException: CIP010CRM in S100B805 type *FILE not found.
at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:705)
at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:671)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCStatement.commonPrepare(AS400JDBCStatement.java:1784)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCStatement.executeQuery(AS400JDBCStatement.java:2392)
at as400test.products_0_1.Products.tAS400Input_1Process(Products.java:1574)
at as400test.products_0_1.Products.runJobInTOS(Products.java:3051)
at as400test.products_0_1.Products.main(Products.java:2903)
disconnected
disconnected
Job Accounts ended at 09:57 24/11/2014.
Attached is a screenshot of the job. This error also happens on an AS400 view. 
8 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] tAS400Input FILE not found

Hi,
java.sql.SQLException: CIP010CRM in S100B805 type *FILE not found.

For your issue, could you please take a look at :http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_9.1.0/com.ibm.db2.udb.msg.doc/doc/sql0204.htm?l...?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

This makes sense because when I set up the AS400 Database Connection there is no place for the Schema to be entered as it is in DB2 Database Connection. When I typically run SQL queries to the AS400 I have to include the schema in my query (SELECT * FROM SCHEMA.TABLE). If only query like this: SELECT * FROM TABLE - I get "file not found". 
Once I get the database connection set up and I configure "Retrieve Schema" there is no place to enter the schema either. Maybe I am just missing where to do this? 

Hi,
Could you please set your SCHEMA in DB connection?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi kendraks,
Is there any update for your issue?  Can we consider this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Unfortunately this is still not resolved. I set the schema as instructed and I see where the objects are being filtered down to the schema in the "Retrieve Schema". But I still get FILE not found error same error output as the original post. 

Hi, 
Can you repro this issue in Talend Open Studio 5.6(RC is Release Candidate edition)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I downloaded the official 5.6.0 version and still same problem. But what I discovered is "Database" should be the Library. Many other tools I enter the AS400 machine id into that field, the server for DNS purposes, and library is schema. But for Talend, there is no need for the machine ID. So when I entered the library name into the database field, the FILE not found error was resolved. 
I get a different error now, but should I start a new thread - it may be totally different solution.

Hi kendraks,
Please open a new topic for your another issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--