I have set up a simple job to import some data from AS400 to DB2 on Windows. As far as I can tell everything looks good and I get good connections, but when I debug run the job there is a tAS400Input File not found error. Here is the environment info: Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 5.6.0RC1 (had to use this RC version to connect to AS400 on V7R1) AS400 V7R1 using Talend's AS400 V6R1 to V7R2 Connector - successful connection DB2 LUW v10.5 on Windows 2008 using Talend's DB2 Connector - successful connection Using tAS400Input from an AS400 table to tDB2Output table with tMap to map two fields - a key field and a name field matching data types. Successful mapping and connections. When I run the debug job it fails: Starting job Accounts at 09:57 24/11/2014.
connecting to socket on port 3877 connected connecting to socket on port 4373 connected Exception in component tAS400Input_1 java.sql.SQLException: CIP010CRM in S100B805 type *FILE not found. at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:705) at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:671) at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCStatement.commonPrepare(AS400JDBCStatement.java:1784) at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCStatement.executeQuery(AS400JDBCStatement.java:2392) at as400test.products_0_1.Products.tAS400Input_1Process(Products.java:1574) at as400test.products_0_1.Products.runJobInTOS(Products.java:3051) at as400test.products_0_1.Products.main(Products.java:2903) disconnected disconnected Job Accounts ended at 09:57 24/11/2014. Attached is a screenshot of the job. This error also happens on an AS400 view.
This makes sense because when I set up the AS400 Database Connection there is no place for the Schema to be entered as it is in DB2 Database Connection. When I typically run SQL queries to the AS400 I have to include the schema in my query (SELECT * FROM SCHEMA.TABLE). If only query like this: SELECT * FROM TABLE - I get "file not found". Once I get the database connection set up and I configure "Retrieve Schema" there is no place to enter the schema either. Maybe I am just missing where to do this?
Unfortunately this is still not resolved. I set the schema as instructed and I see where the objects are being filtered down to the schema in the "Retrieve Schema". But I still get FILE not found error same error output as the original post.
I downloaded the official 5.6.0 version and still same problem. But what I discovered is "Database" should be the Library. Many other tools I enter the AS400 machine id into that field, the server for DNS purposes, and library is schema. But for Talend, there is no need for the machine ID. So when I entered the library name into the database field, the FILE not found error was resolved. I get a different error now, but should I start a new thread - it may be totally different solution.