[resolved] simple user/password authentication for my TOS ESB runtime web service

One Star

[resolved] simple user/password authentication for my TOS ESB runtime web service

my web service is built and runs great... but I can't figure out how to set up simple user/password authentication.
I set the flag in the service EBS settings that says to use a user/password... but where do I set up the user?
the STS manual is not helpful in figuring this out!

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] simple user/password authentication for my TOS ESB runtime web service

hi,
enabling the 'user/password' authentication will make Talend ESB require Username Token of WS-Security. The users is authenticated against runtime's JAAS realm, so you can set up users in the karaf environment (by default search for user.properties file)
Have fun
Gabriel

All Replies
One Star

Re: [resolved] simple user/password authentication for my TOS ESB runtime web service

hi,
enabling the 'user/password' authentication will make Talend ESB require Username Token of WS-Security. The users is authenticated against runtime's JAAS realm, so you can set up users in the karaf environment (by default search for user.properties file)
Have fun
Gabriel
One Star

thanks! this is exactly what I needed to get on the right track!