One Star

[resolved] "Generation Engine Initialization in progress...". java.lang.NullPoint

Hi Guys,
I am a student who just start learning Talend Open Studio and I'm using TOS DI 5.0.
EveryTime i start TOS a window with an error message appears : "Generation Engine Initialization in progress...". java.lang.NullPoint

and when i want to run a job nothing happend but an error msg :

Thank you in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: [resolved] "Generation Engine Initialization in progress...". java.lang.NullPoint

Create a new workspace, that usually solves the problem.
10 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: [resolved] "Generation Engine Initialization in progress...". java.lang.NullPoint

Create a new workspace, that usually solves the problem.
One Star

I created a new workspace and imported my project there but nothing changed.
I still get the same error message Smiley Sad
Seventeen Stars

Do you have spaces in the path to the studio or workspace? Windows sometimes does not shows the real folder name, so I would check it with the shell.
One Star

No, there is no Space!
Here is my path to the studio : C:\TALEND\TOS_DI-Win32-r74687-V5.0.1
the path to the workspace : C:\TALEND\TOS_DI-Win32-r74687-V5.0.1\workspace
Seventeen Stars

Ok what about Java 7? The default installation of Java ships Java 8 and Talend could not deal with it.
One Star

I went from Java 8 to Java 7 :

but still the same problem Smiley Sad
Seventeen Stars

Yes but please now use a new workspace because in your current one are a lot of classes which are compiled with the Java 8 compiler.
One Star

Changed the workspace but the error message still appears Smiley Sad
i'm downloading the last version of TOS DI...
One Star

I uninstalled Java 8 and suddenly TOS DI start working Smiley Very Happy
Thank you @jlolling !!

Hi bobCX,
So far, talend don't support for java 8.
Please look at KB article:TalendHelpCenter:Java 8 Support
Please see a related forum:http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=38046
Thanks for your feedback.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.