[resolved] "Data Truncation" Message

[resolved] "Data Truncation" Message

Hi,
Why the " Data Truncation" message Displayed while run the job ,even data moved to destination Table. can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] "Data Truncation" Message

Hi,
Please see the document to know TalendHelpCenter:Exception Data truncation Data too long for column.
Please give us more information about your current exception scenario.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for Providing documents,the issue because of sending Data length too long . i resolved it
Regards,
Venkateswarlu.

All Replies

sorry
not with those details - actually you did not provide any detail ...
describe your job (take a screenshot) and post the output that you are receiving

Hi,
Please see the document to know TalendHelpCenter:Exception Data truncation Data too long for column.
Please give us more information about your current exception scenario.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for Providing documents,the issue because of sending Data length too long . i resolved it
Regards,
Venkateswarlu.

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. Don't hesitate post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi Sabrina,
Sorry , while run the job same message is displaying as shown below , but data reached to destination table. what's happening internally.
connecting to socket on port 3736
connected
Data truncation
disconnected
Regards,
venkateswarlu.

Hi,
Could you post your trouble screenshots into forum so that we can get your current job workflow. Is there any "Rejects" row from your DB output?
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi,

Hi,
Did you check the option "Die on error" to see if there is any other error message? Usually, If you are getting data truncation you will get rejects. But the input row is equal to output row(61 rows). The data in target table is normal? not clipped or truncated?
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi Sabrina,
No i didn't check the Die-on error and no more error messages apart from that show message. And one more thing out of 61 rows, 51 rows moved to table remaining not stored but in the indication 61 rows moved(green symbol).
Thanks,
Venkateswarlu

Hi,
I suspect the remaining(10 rows) are rejected by your MSSQL DB.
Please unchecked option "Use Batch Size" in Advanced setting to link "Rejects" row. Let me know if there is any rejected row.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi Sabrina,
I unchecked "Use Batch Size" and attached the screenshot for "Data Truncation". As per your screenshot i am not able use Row->reject (where Should i use 'Reject' ?).
Thanks,
Venkateswarlu.

Hi,
As per your screenshot i am not able use Row->reject (where Should i use 'Reject' ?).

The "Rejects" row should come from tmssqloutput(right click the tMSSqloutput component ).
Prerequisite: unchecked "Die on error" and "Use Batch Size" option.
Are you unable to get it? Which talend product build are you using, I will take a testing on it.

Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi Sabrina
Presently i am using Version: 5.3.1. & Build id: r104014-20130618-0337 and it's already unchecked "Die on error" and "Use Batch Size" option. but same message getting.
Thanks,
Venkateswarlu.

Hi,
Presently i am using Version: 5.3.1. & Build id: r104014-20130618-0337 and it's already unchecked "Die on error" and "Use Batch Size" option. but same message getting.

There must be data truncation data in your ETL so you have got the message "Data Truncation" message. For now, what we can do is to find these missing 10 data by "Rejects" row.
I have made a testing on 5.3.1. & Build id: r104014, I can get the "Rejects" row. You can get it if you unchecked "Die on error" and "Use Batch Size" option. but same message getting.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Iam using TOS 5.3.1. When I run my job I am getting Data Truncation even though the row is green in color.
Do you have any idea of what is happening?
Community Manager

Hi fadh
You can take a look at this KB article to know more about data truncate error,
https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Data-truncation-error-Data-too-long-for-...
The length of some data exceeds the max length defined for the field in the target table.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business